Monday, August 23, 2010

hello...

My apologies for it being so quiet around here these past few days. John's grandfather passed away suddenly Saturday the 14th. We spent the end of last week in NYC celebrating his life and spending time with family. Jack Sidebotham was the loveliest of men and made me feel so welcomed the moment we met. Heck, the moment we spoke on the phone. I will treasure the time John and I spent with him and each little card and note he sent us. The lump that remains in my throat is evident enough to how special he was to us. I have some photos taken while we were psuedo New Yorkers in our little midtown abode that I will post this evening.
The city was magical as ever and weather was perefct. However, the whole time I was there it just felt as though we were missing someone...


If you read my blog you know we had planned a trip up to see Jack and Bern in just a few weeks. Oh what I wouldn't give to have those 3 days to spend with them. Now we are getting back into our routines and life will go on. But it will never be the same.

No comments: