Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas Eve


May your days be merry and bright!

I am working today for a bit as to save some of my time for maternity leave.  O is spending the morning with Nana and John's doing some things around the house and last minute gift pick-ups for my slack-ass.  We are lucky to not have too travel far to see our loved ones.  

I can't believe Christmas is already here.  A few more days and the tree will come down and all we will back to normal.  I am excited to see O's reaction tomorrow morning to the gifts from his pal, Santa. He has been a good boy and will get everything he's asked for!  

I am so thankful for our sweet, sweet boy.  I hope he always feels loved and enjoys being with his family as much as he does right now.  

In the years to come, I just want the holidays to be about what counts to our family.  

Spending time with the ones you love and realizing how fortunate we are to have our wonderful home, our good health, closets and rooms full of things to keep us warm and entertain and enjoy, and food in the fridge.

That is all that matters.

Not how many presents are under the tree or how full the stockings are. We are so blessed throughout the year and one day shouldn't be about how many gifts are there but the gifts we receive all year long.  

This one day should be a time of reflection and thanks. And Jesus! It's should be about Jesus! ;)  


Merry Christmas!
Abby

No comments: