Friday, January 3, 2014

A new room for our LITTLE big boy

As soon as we woke up on Jan 1, 2014, my nesting went into high alert.  I cleaned out the fridge from top to bottom, bathrooms, blinds, you name it. I am officially ready to get started preparing for our little girls arrival and transitioning Owen to his new room.

Owen is going to move into our guest room and we will keep the nursery for the baby but that means a lot must happen.  We have been slowly purchasing things along the way leading up to this point of transition.  Still need a few things but for the most part we will be painting the walls and a full size bed's head board/foot board to freshen up and personalize for our growing boy.  He's been sleeping in his toddler "crib" for over a month now and is a seriously amazing sleeper.  Nothing else to say about it but the boy loves his bed and we have to beg him in the morning to get up and get ready.  Can only imagine what it will be like when he is a teenager?!

So here is my newest inspiration for his room


I love the idea of a red bedframe, light gray walls and he already has a great rug with red/navy/khaki accents that will be perfect.  The room only has one window so I went with a navy roman shade from JCP and am really happy with it.  While in Charlotte back in the fall we picked up a new duvet and pillow shams from West Elm - simple gray and white stripe.  Perfect background for a busy boy's room. 

My next question is what do for sheets?  There are so many great kids options out there but I am not willing to shell out the price tag!  Any tips for cheaper full size sheet sets that wouldn't be like sandpaper and would last through many washings and wearings? (I'm unfortunately thinking about bed wetting in the future..grrr)

Here are some options I have found today that I just love.  Serena & Lily are having a big whites sale.. Should I bite? 



All terribly cute but even with the discount they are pretty pricey...

Or Land of Nod, another fan favorite in our home - 



And then there is the ever-trusting Target - can't go wrong here...



I am happy things are falling into place with our little guy's room.  I plan to upload some pics of our progress and a final reveal! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the fox sheets. They are kinda unexpected and there is something so whimsy about them. All are super cute!