Friday, February 12, 2010

X O X O

Do you remember valentine's day in elementary school? You would give your classmates cards of your favorite cartoon with suckers or treats and everyone would have their decorated card box on their desks to receive their valentines in during the day. And a few girls would always get a stuffed animal or a BIG card from a boy. Always full of suspense and excitement, and then letdown when you didn't get the BIG card or the stuffed animal from any boy. Last night I picked up his Valentine's day card and for the first time was able to buy one that said "to my husband". A whole section of cards just for MY HUSBAND. How fun. Now I have a valentine for the rest of my days. And that makes me happy.
(*doesn't this last valentine look like 2 little girls? how feminist of the vintage valentines...)

No comments: