Sunday, March 7, 2010

it was gooood

what a lovely weekend. full of some lovely hints of springtime, quality familytime, productive housetime, and sweet husbandtime. it ended Sunday evening with us in the kitchen preparing what was one fantastic meal. Barefoot Contessa's Baked Shrimp Scampi. We dressed it up with some broccoli and pasta and rosemary olive oil crusty bread. it was goood.
*the only thing harmed in the preparing of this meal was a lovely striped williams & sonoma dishtowel. poor guy got too close to the burner! almost experienced our first housefire. see:
as I am trying to become a better cook, the one thing that truly helps is music. i turn on some van morrison greatest hits and get in the zone. and it makes me think of when we have babes and cooking with them and having music playing in the background. makes me also think of my mom. she always had music on in the kitchen. lord, it's happening.
i'm turning into my mother.

No comments: